What are some daily habits that can change my life?

August 27, 2017





1.    Go for a walk - grab your earbuds, turn on your favorite podcast or music and head out the door. Walking is tremendous for mental health and is also a great way to burn calories/get exercise.

2.    Meditate - this is becoming very common, but I don’t mean meditate in the same fashion that most may. Instead, I find meditation to be any experience that allows you to get out of your head. Perhaps that’s going for a walk, spending time in nature, playing pick-up basketball or writing your thoughts down in the morning/evening.

3.    Make a to-do list - this is another habit I’m trying to create. It really boosts productivity when you know your mission. If you attack the day with no firm game plan, I think the day will end.

4.    Spend time in nature - this can go along with the last habit, but spending time outdoors is really refreshing. There are also countless studies that emphasize the benefits associated with spending time disconnected in nature. Give it a shot!

5.    Self love - this is one I’m still working on myself. There are SO many things we enjoy and desire to experience, so why not treat yourself? Go get that massage. Go for a run and then reward yourself with ice cream. Love yourself so that you can properly love others as well.

6.    Get enough sleep - so many people preach waking up at 4:30 or 5:00, but it’s far more important to get adequate sleep so that you can operate at full strength. Don’t get me wrong, mornings are a wonderful time to be awake & alive, but be sure you’re getting enough zzz’s beforehand!

7.    Meet someone new - everyday I set out to meet a new human being. Whether I interact with the individual again or not, it’s still so worthwhile. This strategy helps to get me out of my comfort zone, which I find necessary everyday. It also gives me an opportunity to network, build social skills, create friendships and perhaps even more one day!

8.    Tell somebody you love them - you see, we’ve only got a finite amount of time on Earth. Every opportunity to make someone feel good is one that should not be passed up. Give your grandpa, mom or aunt a call and just tell them how much they mean to you. There will come a day when they are no longer around and you will wish you had made that call. up working you. If you have clear goals for the day, you are set-up for success!

9.    Put your phone away - maybe you can’t at work, but whether it be for 30 minutes in the morning or an hour at night, just take a break. 100 years ago cell phones didn’t exist and I’m pretty sure people had plenty going on in their lives. Disconnect from technology and start connecting more often with other humans.


You Might Also Like

0 comments